MARCH MADNESS IN YOUR MOUTH: FIVE MOUTHWATERING SAUSAGE RECIPES FOR THE WHOLE TEAM
Your brackets have been filled out, your tv is on standby for the first game of the day, and your
friends will be over soon for a little March Madness party – the only thing left to figure out, what to
eat?! We have just the menu for you, and it will keep everyone happy no matter who wins! 🏀
Game Day Sausage Wrap
1 package Uncle Charley’s Bratwurst, sliced into medallions
1 package medium flour tortillas
1 red onion, chopped
1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
Spicy brown mustard
1. Grill bratwurst until heated through while also heating the flour tortillas in a pan on the
2. Spread each tortilla with spicy brown mustard, then sprinkle red onion and cheddar
cheese on top.
3. Place a few slices of bratwurst on each tortilla, then roll up and pin shut with a toothpick.
Slow Cooker Sausage Dip
1 package Uncle Charley’s Pork Sausage, crumbled
1 lb. ground beef
16 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
10 oz. can fire roasted tomatoes
1. In a large skillet, brown the pork sausage and ground beef over medium heat. Once
brown, remove from the skillet and allow to drain.
2. Spray a slow cooker with non-stick spray. Then, fill the slow cooker with the meat, cheese,
and fire roasted tomatoes.
3. Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips!
Barbecue Smoked Sausage
2 packages Uncle Charley’s Pork Sausages, sliced in medallions
2 c. ketchup
⅔ c. brown sugar
¼ c. Worcestershire sauce
2 T. butter
2 T. dried onion flakes
1. Cook sausage in a skillet until a crust begins to form on cut sides, then remove from heat
2. Melt butter in the same skillet, then add ketchup, brown sugar, and onion flakes. Mix well.
3. Cook over medium heat and bring to a boil, then cover and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
4. Add sausage to barbecue mixture and combine well. Enjoy!
1 package Uncle Charley’s Maple Sausage Links, crumbled
4 packages refrigerated crescent roll dough
8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
½ c. diced red bell pepper
½ c. diced green onion
½ c. cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, brown sausage in a skillet, then remove
from the stove and let drain.
2. Roll out one container of dough, pinching the perforations closed to make one large
sheet of dough.
3. Lay the dough horizontally and spread 2 oz. cream cheese over the surface. Leave one
inch at top with no cream cheese. Sprinkle ¼ of meat, pepper, onion, and cheddar over
4. Roll dough into a log and pinch the very end to seal it closed. Cut into 12 pinwheels.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 with the other packages of dough.
6. Place pinwheels on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the dough is
crispy. Remove from the oven and let cool, then serve!
Bacon Wrapped Sausage Bites
1 package Uncle Charley’s Pork Sausage, sliced in medallions
1 lb. thin sliced bacon
½ c. brown sugar
1 t. chili powder
1 t. garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut each bacon strip so that it can be wrapped around sausage medallions
3. Season the sausage with garlic and chili powder. Then, wrap sausages with bacon and
sprinkle with brown sugar.
4. Cook for 20 minutes and serve with toothpicks. Enjoy!
1. If you’re searching for a good playlist to dish out as your soundtrack for March Madness,
check out the ESPN Jock Jams Playlist! It serves up a handful of great jams from the 90s
to help hype up the crew.
2. Place bets on a Game Day prediction sheet! This can include predictions such as:
a. First team to score
b. First team to be penalized
c. Total number of free throws in a game
d. Total number of penalties in a game
e. Team with the most rebounds
3. Whip up some Slam Dunk Lemonade! All you need is 2 oz. of whiskey, 10 oz. lemonade,
and a slice of lemon. Mix thoroughly and serve one to each guest! Bonus points if you use
basketball themed cups and straws 😉
We hope you have a great and safe March Madness party! May the best team win! 🙌