Meal prep is all the rage these days, and we love it because it just makes it easier to get good, homemade food more quickly! We’re here to share one of our favorite recipes and sauces to spice them up 🔥
Hot Italian Sausage and Veggie Bowls
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 bunch asparagus, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
1 8-ounce carton baby bella mushrooms, sliced
3 T olive oil
2 T Italian seasoning
1 T garlic powder
Salt and pepper
1 package Uncle Charley’s Hot Italian Sausage, cut into dime-size pieces
1 c uncooked brown rice
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper or grease with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Add Uncle Charlie’s Hot Italian Sausage, chopped veggies, and olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Then sprinkle evenly with the Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Toss thoroughly until evenly combined.
3. Turn the mixture out onto the prepared baking sheet, and spread everything into an even layer. Season evenly with salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, remove the baking sheet and stir once at the halfway mark until the veggies are tender and cooked through. Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook brown rice as instructed on packaging.
6. Once the sausage/veggie mixture and rice are ready to go, portion everything evenly into storage containers.
7. Serve immediately, or seal and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
½ c pepitas
1 small garlic clove
¼ c grated Parmesan cheese,
Salt and pepper
2 packed c chopped curly kale
2 T lemon juice
½ c olive oil
1. In a food processor, pulse the pepitas and garlic until t ground up. Add the cheese, salt, and pepper, then pulse again.
2. Add the kale and lemon juice. With the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil and process until combined—season to taste.
Red Pepper Sauce
1 16oz jar roasted red peppers, drained
1/2 c olive oil
1/2 c almonds
1 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (more to taste)
juice of one lemon
1. Blend all the sauce ingredients in a small blender or food processor until semi-thick and textured. Add more almonds to make it thicker if desired.
Happy meal prepping! We’d love to hear what other sauces and dips you try with these Hot Italian Sausage and Veggie Bowls 🥣