Father’s Day is around the corner (we know, how is time passing so quickly?!) and it’s time to start planning the best day for the best guy! A key part of that? The perfect meal! We have an idea up our sleeves that we think he’ll love 😏
¾ c peach preserves
½ c soy sauce
3 T ginger root, minced
3 T water
3 garlic cloves, minced
Dash of dad’s favorite hot sauce
Blend all of the ingredients together and set aside in the fridge if planning to use later. We suggest making extra because Dad (and everyone else) will definitely want more 😉
1 package Uncle Charley’s Hot Italian Sausage
4 medium sweet red peppers
1 medium eggplant
2 small yellow summer squash
1. Cut peppers lengthwise in half and remove the seeds. Cut the eggplant lengthwise into half-inch slices. Cut zucchini and squash lengthwise into quarters. Place all of the vegetables into a bowl and toss with half a cup of the sauce.
2. Place vegetables on a lightly greased grill rack and let them get lightly charred over medium heat while covered.
3. Let cool slightly and reduce the heat to medium-low.
4. Cut vegetables into bite-sized pieces and toss with an additional ¼ cup of sauce.
5. Grill sausages while covered for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally. When finished, toss with half cup of sauce and serve with vegetables.
Every good grilled meal comes with an icy cold beer to accompany it. We pulled a few of our favorites from the cooler as suggestions! 🍻
Great Lakes Elliot Ness Amber Lager
Aecht Schlenkerla Marzen
Brooklyn India Pale Ale.
We hope dad and the rest of the crew love this grilled delicacy and the brew that comes with it! Send photos from your celebration and don’t forget to wish dad Happy Father’s Day from Uncle Charley’s!