SAUSAGE RECIPES LIKE MOM USED TO MAKE: CELEBRATING MOTHER’S DAYNEWS
This Mother’s Day, whip up a dinner that is simple enough for anyone in the crew to make, but will impress everyone’s favorite mom! We tracked down this fan favorite casserole for Mother’s Day dinner, plus a delicious vegetable side that will make sure all of mom’s favorite food groups are covered on the plate 😉
Sausage and Rice Casserole
1 package Uncle Charley’s Pork Sausage, sliced into medallions
½ yellow onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
½ uncooked long grain white rice
1 (4.5 oz) package chicken noodle soup mix
2 c hot water
½ c slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown sausage medallions, onion, celery, and pepper,
then drain excess fat.
3. Stir dry rice in with sausage and vegetables, then add the water and soup mix. Transfer
mixture to a lightly greased casserole pan and top with slivered onions.
4. Bake for 90 minutes, until the top is bubbling and brown.
5. Let cool, then serve!
Easy Grilled Vegetables
3 T olive oil
1 lb asparagus, trimmed
1 lb cherry tomatoes, stemmed
8 oz cremini mushrooms, halved
2 ears of corn, cut crosswise into 4 pieces
2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
For the garlic sauce:
½ c olive oil
2 ½ T red wine vinegar
1 t Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced⅓ c packed fresh basil leaves
3 T packed fresh parsley leaves
Kosher salt and pepper
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. Combine sauce ingredients well using a food processor until a smooth and vibrant green.
3. Brush olive oil on vegetables, seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. And vegetables to grill and rotate every 3-4 minutes until lightly charred all over.
5. Serve immediately with basil garlic sauce.
We hope mom (and everyone else!) loves this meal – we know we do in our house! Happy
mother’s day to all the moms out there – you amaze us every day and hope you enjoy celebrating
Comments are closed.