SOCIAL DISTANCE COOKOUTNEWS
This summer is looking drastically different than usual due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic rocking the nation, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still have a cookout! We’ve wrestled up some good recipes and games to fuel one for you.
Pork Sausage and Mango Salsa
Kick off the main course with this hearty and tangy Pork Sausage and Mango Salsa! This will give you extra time to hang out (at a safe distance) with your guests that you may not have seen in a while.
One package of Uncle Charley’s Pork Sausage
One ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced into small cubes
2 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
½ jalapeño chili, finely minced
3 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1. Either the day of the cookout or the night before, mix the salsa ingredients together in a bowl and refrigerate! We recommend letting it chill for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
2. When you’re ready to pull out those Uncle Charley’s Pork Sausages and throw them on the grill, make sure they’re nicely charred on all sides!
3. Pull the salsa out just as the sausages are finishing up to have a nice fresh and spicy topping to top them in your buns.
Hot Italian Sausage with Chimichurri
Though chimichurri is often paired with beef, we’ve discovered it goes wonderfully with Uncle Charley’s Hot Italian Sausage. Try it for yourself!
One package of Uncle Charley’s Hot Italian Sausage
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 red jalepeño, finely chopped
3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
½ cup red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. Kosher salt
½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
¼ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp. oregano, finely chopped
¾ cup olive oil
1. Combine shallot, chile, garlic, vinegar, and 1 tsp. salt in a medium bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro, parsley, and oregano. Using a fork, whisk in oil. You can do this the night before or just before serving!
2. Grill your Uncle Charley’s Hot Italian Sausages to perfection, place on a bun, and top with chimichurri!
Killer Sides to Go with Your Mains
What to serve as your sides, you ask? We have a few ideas for you.
● Grilled sweet potato fries with barbecue sauce or cinnamon butter
● Grilled corn with garlic butter
Socially Distant Games to Play
Now, how to entertain the crew without getting within 6 feet of each other. We have you there, too! Try a few of these games to keep everyone laughing and moving.
● Bocce Ball
● Lawn Darts
● Ladder Ball
● Giant Jenga
● Lawn Bowling
For more options, check out a longer list of social distancing games we love. We want to see how your socially distant cookout goes! Make sure you snap some photos of the crew chowing down and playing games, and tag us on Facebook and Instagram using #unclecharleys. You might even get featured on our page!
Comments are closed.