There are all sorts of heavenly home-cooked meals you can make to impress your Valentine, but we think there’s no better way to say “I love you,” than an Uncle Charley’s Valentine’s Day dinner for two. We’ve concocted the best Italian Sausage Lasagna and added a few must -have items to the table for the perfect dinner!
- 1 pound Uncle Charley’s Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cans tomato paste (6 ounces each)
- 10 ounces lasagna noodles (10 to 12 lasagna noodles)
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated​​ Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
How to make it:
- Brown sausage slowly; drain off excess fat. Add garlic, tomatoes, basil, oregano, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and tomato paste.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, adding a little water if too thick.
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling salted water according to package directions. In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, eggs, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Place a layer of noodles in bottom of a baking pan or lasagna pan.
- Cover the noodle layer with a layer of mozzarella cheese and then spoon half of the ricotta mixture over the mozzarella. Spoon half of the meat sauce over the ricotta cheese layer. Repeat layers, ending with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in a 375 F oven.
- Allow lasagna recipe to set a few minutes before serving and top with grated parmesan!