- Serving Size:10
- Total Time:1
- Difficulty:In-Home Cook
- 6 linksUncle Charley's Maple Flavored Breakfast Sausage
- 1/3 cupMilk
- 1 tbspButter
- 1 tspDried parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 sheetPuff pastry
- 1/3 cupMaple syrup
- 1 tbspDijon Mustard
- 2 tspMaple-flavored Bourbon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, cook the maple sausage links until done. Remove links from the pan and cut in to small pieces and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the 6 eggs and milk. Add butter to skillet and melt. Add your eggs to the skillet, scramble until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Return the sausage pieces to the skillet and combine with the eggs. Remove eggs from the heat and sprinkle with dried parsley. Set aside as you prepare the puff pastry.
- Working on a lightly floured board, roll out pastry dough until it is almost 2x the original size. Cut the puff pastry in to 10 squares of equal size.
- Take additional egg and whisk to create an egg wash; use egg wash when folding puff pastry.
- Working with one square at a time, brush egg wash around all 4 side of puff pastry. Place 1 tbsp. of the egg and sausage mixture in the middle. Fold the pastry by bringing together the opposing corners and then pinching the sides to close.
- Place the puff pastry squares on the cookie sheet. Continue making the pockets following the instructions above.
- Once all pockets are done brush the tops with the remaining egg wash, this will give the pockets a nice golden brown color.
- Cook the pockets for 15 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Remove from oven and eat while warm. You may also serve them with a Maple Bourbon Mustard Sauce (see below).
To make sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a bowl. Use a whisk to ensure that the mustard has been combined with the syrup.
- Use a dipping sauce or spoon on top of the breakfast pockets before serving.
If you want to make these ahead you can keep them in the fridge until you are ready to bake them.