Skip to content
SAUSAGE, MUSHROOM & SWISS QUICHE.
1 pkgUncle Charley's Breakfast Links
1 CupShredded Swiss Cheese
1 CupHalf and half
1 tspWhite Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Clean mushrooms, remove stem and slice mushrooms caps. Set aside until ready for use.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add sausage to the pan, removing the meat from the casing.
- Cook sausage until the meat is browned and cooked through.
- Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
- Add diced onion to pan and sauté until beginning to soften, add mushrooms to pan and cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Remove pan from heat and set aide.
- In a small bowl whisk together, eggs, additional yolks, milk and half +half.
- Add salt and pepper to egg mixture and whisk to combine.
- Prepare crust by placing in pie pan; push crust in to fit and cut any excess dough hanging over the edge.
- Edges can be crimped using index finger and thumb or use a fork to create edge.
- Pierce bottom of the crust with a fork to prevent the crust from rising too much during the baking process.
- Place pie pan in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until crust starts to turn color.
- Remove crust from the oven, fill with sausage, mushroom and onions, shredded cheese and custard (in that order).
- Bake quiche in the oven for 32-35 minutes.
- To test if quiche is done insert a knife in the middle, if knife comes out clean it is done.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.