Skip to content
SAUSAGE AND KALE EGG WHITE FRITTATA.
1/2 packageUncle Charley's Breakfast Links
1 tspOlive Oil
4 Egg Whites
1/2 cup1% Milk
1/3 cupCherry Tomatoes
1/4 cupShredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Cook sausage links in a skillet until cooked through. Allow the sausage links to cool before handling.
- Once cooled, cut sausage links into smaller pieces.
- Heat a small oven-proof skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and swirl to coat pan.
- Add shallots to pan and sauté until softened. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add kale to the pan and sauté until for 10 minutes or until the kale softens. Stir occasionally.
- As the kale cooks combine egg whites in a small bowl with the milk. Whisk with a fork to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sausage pieces to the kale and sauté for 2-5 minutes.
- Pour egg whites into the pan and swirl to coat evenly.
- Top eggs with tomato slices and cheese.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the frittata start to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool before serving.
- Serve from pan or carefully flip frittata onto a plate.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.