- Preheat oven to 375
- Remove sausage from casing and place in a bowl. Add breadcrumbs and olive oil and combine with a wooden spoon or hands.
- Wash peppers and remove tops, clean out the seeds and rinse the inside of the pepper with cold water.
- Stuff each pepper with the sausage, make sure to push the sausage in all the way but be careful not to damage the pepper.
- Place the pepper in a baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Continue to fill each pepper and place in the baking dish.
- Cover the peppers with the marinara sauce.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until thermometer registers 160 when inserted in to the middle of a pepper.
- Allow peppers to cool before eating. Serve with a shaving of Parmesan cheese and a spoonful of sauce on top.
Make these stuffed peppers in the crock-pot!
Prepare the stuffed peppers as described above, but cook them in a slow cooker on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. For large crowds feel free to place more peppers in the crock-pot and add as much sauce as desired!