Skip to content
SPINACH AND CHEESE MEATBALLS.
2 packsUncle Charley's Sweet Italian Sausage
1 packFrozen spinach
2 tspLemon juice
1/4 cupfinely diced onion
1/4 cup shreddedAsiago Cheese
1/4 cup shreddedParmesan cheese
1/4 cupRed Wine
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking oil.
- Heat small skillet over medium heat, add drained spinach, onion and lemon juice. Sauté until onion softens, 2-3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, combine sausage, asiago cheese, parmesan, eggs and ½ cup bread crumbs. Add spinach and onion mixture as long as it has cooled.
- Mix everything together using hands. Do not over mix.
- Prepare coating station by placing egg whites in a bowl and lightly beating. Place additional panko in a bowl for coating.
- Scoop out sausage mixture using an ice cream scooper or large tablespoon. Roll sausage in to a ball and dip in to egg whites followed by bread crumbs. Place balls on baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs in the oven until golden brown on the outside and cooked through, until a thermometer reads 150 degrees.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.