May is National BBQ Month, so we are sharing some recipes that bring together our favorite sausages with BBQ flavors. Try out these recipes to add some variety to your barbecue repertoire.
Easy BBQ Baked Sausage
This is a recipe that is done in the oven and the elements needed are super simple: all you need are sausages and BBQ sauce. Italian and Kielbasa are two types that work well with this recipe, but you can use whatever sausage and sauce suit your preferences. It easily scales, so it perfect for a family dinner or large gathering.
Baked BBQ Sausages
For this recipe you will need 1 cup of BBQ sauce for every 2 lbs of sausage
-Preheat the oven to 400 degrees for baking the sausages and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
– Use ½ cup of barbecue sauce to apply a first coating. Coat the sausage in sauce using a brush, dipping, or your hands for best results
-Place the sausages in a single layer on the baking sheet with room in between so they do not touch
– Bake the sausages at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
– Use another ½ cup of sauce to apply a second coating and bake for 10 more minutes
– To give the sausages a grilled appearance, use the broil setting for the final 5 minutes of cooking
We hope you find this easy recipe to be a great solution when you want the best of BBQ and sausage!
Barbecue Sausage and Peppers Skewers
This recipe is perfect for those who love to grill. These skewers are packed full of flavor and are perfect for an outdoor meal.
2 lbs of sliced Italian sausage
1 large red bell pepper chopped in large chunks
¼ lb of jalapeño peppers cut into large chunks
½ of sliced provolone cheese
1 red onion cut into large chunks
12 oz of beer
– Marinate the sausage, peppers, and onion in the beer using a large covered bowl for 1 hour in the refrigerator
– When ready, preheat the grill to high heat and lightly oil the grill
– On skewers, alternately thread the sausage, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, and onion
– Cook on the grill until the sausage is evenly browned and the vegetables are tender
– Add sliced provolone cheese on top as the skewers finish cooking for added flavor
This skewer recipe is bound to be a big hit at your next gathering!