- Serving Size:2
- Total Time:50
- 1 packageUncle Charley's Hot Italian Sausage
- 1/2 packagePenne Pasta
- 1 cupFrozen Peas
- 1 tbspOlive Oil
- Parmesan Cream Sauce
Parmesan Cream Sauce
- 5 tbspButter
- 4 tbspFlour
- 4 cupsMilk
- 1 cupParmesan
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook penne according to the instructions on the box. Drain and set aside until ready for use.
- Cook Uncle Charley’s sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Once cooked slice the sausage in to ½ inch pieces.
- Heat a large skillet or medium heat. Add olive oil and swirl to coat.
- Add peas and mushrooms to the skillet. Sauté until the mushrooms start to soften.
- Add sausage pieces to the pan, stirring occasionally.
- Add in cooked penne and sauté all ingredients together.
- Spoon pasta into a prepared baking dish.
- Pour cream sauce over the pasta.
- Bake pasta for 10-15 minutes.
For the Parmesan Cream Sauce
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir until thickened.
- Slowly add milk to the pot and whisk to avoid lumps.
- Let sauce thicken slightly before adding Parmesan cheese. Add more milk for a thinner sauce.
- Once cheese is melted season with salt and pepper to taste.